You visit, interact with, or use any of our websites, social media pages, online advertisements, or marketing communications (our "online Properties").
You use or purchase SPORK products and services that have been deployed by one of our business customers, such as your employer (our "Services").
This Notice explains what these technologies are, and why we use them, as well as your rights to control your use of them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an online service. Cookies are widely used by organizations in order to make their websites or services work, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookiesexpire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookiesare stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookiesare those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time in order to preserve your settings (e.g., while on our site).
- Third-party cookiesare placed in your browser by a website, or domain, that is not the website or domain that you are currently visiting. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, that cookie would be a third-party cookie.
When you enter a website using cookies, you may be asked to fill out a form providing personal information such as your name, e-mail address, or interests. This information is packaged into a cookie and sent to your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), which then stores the information for later use. The next time you go to the same website, your browser will send the cookie to the server. The message is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
What type of cookies do we use, and why?
There are two types of cookies that we may use:
- Required cookies: These are cookies, also known as 'essential' or 'strictly necessary' cookies, that are required for technical reasons for the online Properties and Services to operate. Without these cookies, the online Properties and Services would not be able to function. We want you to understand these required cookies, and why we use them, but we don't need to get your consent to use them on our online Properties and Services as we use these cookies only to provide you with services or information that you have requested.
- Functional cookies: These cookies may be used to enhance the performance and functionality of our online Properties and Services; to manage your preferences; to analyse and personalize your use of our online Properties and Services; or to generally help us better understand how our online Properties and Services are being used. We think that these cookies will improve your experience when using the online Properties and Services but are non-essential to their use. As such, you may disable these cookies as set forth below; however, please be aware that without these cookies certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.
Disabling Most Interest Based Advertising: Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of interest based advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out of tracking via your mobile device: If you are using a mobile device, you can opt out of having your mobile identifier used for certain types of Interest Based Advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your Apple or Android mobile device and following the most recent published instructions. If you opt-out, no further data collection or tracking will occur. This means that if at a later stage you decide to opt-in, we will not be able to continue and track you using the same ID as before, and you will for all practical purposes be a new user to our system.
Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers - like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari - include the ability to transmit "Do Not Track" or "DNT" signals. Since uniform standards for "DNT" signals have not been adopted, our online Properties do not currently process or respond to "DNT" signals. VMware takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard. To learn more about "DNT", please visit "All About Do Not Track".
How often will we update this Cookie Notice?
Where can you obtain further information?
Cookies preferences management
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies (apart from those that are required or essential).
You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided in the cookie table below.