SPORK is a software system for storing and delivering curriculum. It provides original content to be utilized by users – teachers and students – to support instruction in the classroom or as built-in lesson plans.
SPORK Holdings, LLC., headquartered in the U.S., and its group companies, ("SPORK", "we", "us", and "our") are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who interact with us, such as our website visitors, users of our services, organizations that register for our services (schools), business partners, end users (students), event attendees, and job applicants ("you" and "your"). The following privacy notices explain the different ways in which SPORK collects, uses and shares personal information when:
- You visit, interact with, or use any of our websites, social media pages, marketing communications (our "online Properties").
- You purchase or use SPORK products and services (including mobile apps) that have been deployed by one of our business customers, such as your employer (our "Services").
When we intend to refer to any combination of the above, we use the term "Properties".
In connection with the provision of specific Properties, SPORK may provide additional "just-in-time" disclosures or additional information about our data collection, use, and sharing practices. These notices may supplement or clarify SPORK’s privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how SPORK processes your data.
Information Collection, Use and Protection
Our goal is to be transparent in our practices regarding data collection and data usage.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect four types of information: information the School knowingly chooses to disclose, content created by SPORK users, application use information collected on an aggregated basis as users use SPORK applications (automatically collected information), and automatically collected information.
Information Schools Create or Provide to Us
The core functionality of SPORK is based on teaching materials provided by SPORK and the content created by the School. The content includes teaching materials such as uploaded files, URL links, and textual information related to the content of school courses. For this purpose, the School must provide the list of school course names, list of teachers (full name and email address), list of student full names, and class rosters. Optionally, the School can provide lesson structure of the school course or create its own in SPORK.
Information Created By Users
Depending on the SPORK User Role users may create material related to school courses and necessary for class organization. SPORK users delegated by the School may upload files, URL links, or textual information related to a school course or class. SPORK users may create an interactive element in the material to collect information from SPORK tablet users, such as Homework Understanding or Quick Poll. Any user interaction to these elements initiated from a SPORK tablet is collected on an individual basis.
Information We Collect As You Use Our Services
In addition to information the School provides to us, we also collect usage information as users interact with SPORK. Collecting this information allows for more accurate reporting and helps us to improve our services. The following describes how we use this information:
a. Site Activity Information
We monitor some of the actions you perform on SPORK. For example, if you make a change or comment in a lesson, we both log the fact that you made a change as well as store the actual change itself.
b. Access Device and Browser Information
When you access SPORK from a computer or tablet, we may collect information from that device such as your browser type, location, and/or IP address. We also record which pages you visit, and the dates and times of visits. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
c. Cookie Information
Automatically collected information
We automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our online Properties, including our online advertisements or marketing communications. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include unique identification numbers and other information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier, device event information (such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL), broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical data that uniquely identifies your browser. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our online Properties, such as the pages accessed and other statistical information.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Your privacy is extremely important to us. The student data we collect is used for educational purposes at the discretion of your School only. We use the information we collect to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience for our users.
We use the information we collect to provide our personalized services and features to you and provide you with customer support. In addition, we use the information we collect to analyze how you use the services and features so that we can measure and improve those services and features.
SPORK uses the Usage Data (sometimes in combination with other data, such as customer account information) for purposes such as:
- To improve SPORK Services:SPORK may use the Usage Data to improve the Services that we offer to our customers. For example, we use the Usage Data to (i) help us prioritize future products and service features for our customers; (ii) analyze our customers‘ use of the Services and features across our customer base; (iii) improve our resolution of support requests; (iv) prioritize the order in which certain configurations or features of the product or service should be tested; (v) improve the product or service based on usage patterns across different delivery models; and (vi) conduct testing of product or service features.
- To provide us with customer insights: SPORK uses Usage Data to gain insights into our customers and their use of the SPORK Services, such as (i) to create enriched customer profiles and analyse customer interactions with SPORK in order to provide improved customer engagement; (ii) to create advanced analytical models and produce aggregate business intelligence reports and dashboards; and (iii) to benchmark or assess our Services across customers.
- To provide customer support:SPORK uses Usage Data to provide support to our customers regarding their use of SPORK Services, whether proactive or reactive, such as: (i) to provide support recommendations to our customers to improve the general health of any customer’s use of the Service; (ii) to understand any customer’s Service configuration, events, and issues in order to resolve a specific support request; (iii) to understand any customer’s configuration of the Services, events, and issues in order to improve how SPORK support resolves a specific issue; and (iv) helping customers use our Services and offerings in more effective ways.
- To support business-to-business marketing and sales: SPORK may use Usage Data to market additional Services to our customers, where permitted by law, and to inform sales conversations.
- For other legitimate business purposes: SPORK may use Usage Data when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting SPORK´s confidential and proprietary information.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
What Can Other Users in SPORK See
All information provided or created by the School is visible only to users in that particular School.
No Disclosure To Third Parties
SPORK uses the data received from the School for the sole purpose of delivering products and services to the School. We do not rent, trade, sell, or otherwise distribute your information to any third parties, and will only disclose information when allowed by FERPA and required a) by applicable laws or government orders or b) to maintain and operate our service or c) when authorized by the School.
We work with a number of third-party service providers and contractors to maintain and operate our service. For instance, we use third-parties:
- To analyze use of our website and app
- To send emails with user comments
- For hosting our services and databases
SPORK does not use student or user records or data collected for purposes of targeted advertising, and no student profile is built by SPORK for reasons other than furtherance of School purposes.
4. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We take significant measures to keep your data safe and secure. SPORK uses secure infrastructure to ensure that student data is always encrypted during transfer and transmitted securely. Access to SPORK is authenticated through username/password. We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of any personal information we collect.
If SPORK becomes aware of a security breach of its users’ personally identifiable information, SPORK will notify affected users as required by applicable laws and may post a notice on our services as required by applicable laws.
Information Hosted in the United States
5. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Deleting a School Account
If you no longer desire our service, please contact us directly to delete your account.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services to your School. We will also retain and use your information as necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to prevent abuse, and to enforce our agreements.
6. OTHER INFORMATION
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, you may write us at email@example.com or send mail to SPORK Holdings, LCC 10645 N. Oracle Rd., Suite 121-311, Oro Valley, AZ 85737, USA.